Howard is a dynamic executive with extensive experience in the aerospace, defence and homeland security industry. Prior to assuming his role at NGAI in September 2012, Howard sharpened his program management and contract negotiation skills at Northstar Network Ltd.
Some of his successes include:
- Negotiated over $16M in contracts with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics to supply sheet metal & precision machined parts for their P-3 Mid-Life Upgrade (MLU) Program.
- Negotiated a $16M Letter of Intent (LOI) with DEW Engineering & Development to collaborate on upcoming land defence programs.
- Negotiated a contract worth over $3M with L-3 MAPPS to manufacture Marine Consoles, Marine Simulators & LOP’s for use on the Halifax Class Frigates.
- Project Managed International Research & Development (R & D) teams in the design and manufacture of sophisticated Wide Band Sonar Projectors for Lockheed Martin Canada.
- Spearheaded the upgrade of Northstar Network’s quality management system to the aviation industry’s AS9000 gold standard.
As part of the NGAI team, Howard is committed to creating business opportunities for First Nation and non-First Nation SMEs in Atlantic Canada. His proven track record in business development, risk management and dedication to quality assurance are an asset to NGAI and to the Atlantic Canadians who work alongside him.
Furthermore, his commitment to the community is evident through the many positions he has held on various local and national industry boards including his role as founding member & Co-Chair of the Aerospace & Defence Industry Association of Newfoundland & Labrador (ADIANL) and the Atlantic Alliance of Aerospace & Defence Associations (AAADA). Howard has also served as board chair of the Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters (CME) in Newfoundland and represented the AAADA on the Board of Directors for the Aerospace Industry Associations of Canada (AIAC).